CITY JAM GIVEAWAY” SWEEPSTAKES
U.S. OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Lucky Brand Dungarees, LLC (“Sponsor”) is pleased to introduce the “THE CITY JAM GIVEAWAY” SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”). The Sweepstakes begins at 10:00 a.m. PST on June 22, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on July 13, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Pacific Standard Time shall control for all purposes of this Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s computer shall be the official clock for purposes of the Sweepstakes. At the end of the Sweepstakes Period, one (1) random drawing will be conducted from among all eligible entries received to select one (1) Winner (“Winner”).
As a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions shall be final and binding in all respects, and to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes, these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes materials. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to sign up to receive newsletters and special offers from Sponsor and theSkimm, Inc, Kimpton Hotel & Restaurant Group, LLC, Fender Musical Instruments Corp., Amoeba Music, Inc., and LLJ, Inc. (each, a “Promotional Partner” and collectively, “Promotional Partners”).
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of entry, who are legal U.S. residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and who satisfy all other requirements contained herein (“Entrant”). Void in Puerto Rico, other United States territories and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Promotional Partners, as well each of their respective directors, officers, shareholders, and employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, and agents, including but not limited to their respective advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, retailers, printers, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials, and any and all other companies associated with the promotion agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their immediate family members (as defined by the IRS including spouse, parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) and/or people living in the same household (whether or not related) are not eligible to participate. This Sweepstakes is subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW OR REGULATIONS.
2. HOW TO ENTER: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and legally binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
How to Enter:
A. Online Website Method of Entry. During the Sweepstakes Period visit www.luckybrand.com/win-city-jam and follow the instructions to complete all required information on the entry form. By submitting the entry form, entrants unconditionally agree to these Official Rules. Upon completion of the Sweepstakes entry form, eligible entrants will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
B. In-Store Email Sign-Up Method of Entry. During the Sweepstakes Period visit any participating Lucky Brand specialty store to sign-up for our email list. and automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Void in Rhode Island.
LIMIT: One (1) entry per person over the Sweepstakes Period.
NOTE: Entry must be made by the Entrant only. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in their sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void.
Use of Data.
ENTRANT FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT ENTRANTS’ PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PLACING ENTRANT’S NAME ON A WINNERS’ LIST OR PROVIDING ENTRANT’S NAME TO THIRD PARTIES.
4. PRIZES/ODDS: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) Grand Prize: Trip for two (2) to Chicago, Illinois August 4, 2017 – August 7, 2017. Prize includes the following:
- Two (2) General Admission passes to Lollapalooza* (Friday, August 4, 2017 – Sunday, August 6, 2017)
- Three (3) Nights Stay in Queen Room at the Kimpton Gray Hotel (Friday, August 4, 2017 – Monday, August 7, 2017)
- Two (2) VIP Passes to “The Lucky Lounge Presents: City Jam” Party
- $500 Towards Airfare (payable by Visa gift card)
- Free denim for one (1) year ($1,200 gift card to Lucky Brand)
- One (1) Fender Paramount Limited Acoustic Guitar
- $300 Gift Card to Amoeba Music
- $250 Gift Card to Minibar Delivery**
A total Actual Retail Value (the “ARV”) of this prize package is $4,985. Actual ARV may vary depending on market fluctuations.
* Sponsor is not affiliated with Lollapalooza® in any way.
** Gift Card to Minibar Delivery is valid on non-alcoholic beverages and food only. Prizes do not include alcoholic beverages.
NOTE: Any concession item(s) and all other expenses not specified herein, including, but not limited to gratuities, insurance and all incidentals are the sole responsibility of the Winners. All taxes for the Prizes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. All federal, state, local and any other taxes are the responsibility of the Winners and his/her guest(s). Winner of any prize valued at $600 or more will receive an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 for the actual value of the prize after the end of the calendar year in which the prize is awarded, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. All other costs and expenses not specified herein, if any, are the responsibility of the Winner.
If guest(s) cannot attend, the Winners are not entitled
to the difference between the value of the Prizes and the actual cost of the
ticket. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for the Prizes permitted, except by Sponsor at its sole discretion.
If necessary due to unavailability of the Prizes, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded at the discretion of the Sponsor. Odds of winning the Prizes depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION:
A random drawing to be conducted on or about July 20, 2017 from all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Any potential winner will be notified by mail, email and/or telephone. If a potential winner: (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within two (2) days from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her; (iii) fails to return the Affidavit and Release as specified in these Rules; (iv) refuses the prize; and/or (v) the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Sweepstakes or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected (time permitting). Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, and, at Sponsor’s discretion, successful completion of a background check, such individual will be declared the prize winner of the Sweepstakes (the “Winner”).
The Winner is responsible for claiming the prize by return e-mail within 48 hours of notification. If the prize is not claimed, then the entry will be voided and the prize will be awarded to another entrant. The Winner is responsible for all taxes.
6. GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS:
The prize Winner shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, sales tax, use tax, surcharges, in-room charges (e.g., movies), gratuities, upgrades, amenities, insurance, telephone calls, meals, beverages, personal expenses, and all other costs incurred in claiming the prize.
Any potential winner shall be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release, including a release of any claims for personal injury or otherwise relating in any way to the receipt of the services or the usage of the products awarded through this Sweepstakes. Any potential winner must also sign and return a Publicity Release authorizing Sponsor to use their name, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence in programming, advertising, trade and/or promotional material without compensation or notice.
All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the Winner’s sole responsibility.
7. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited or restricted by law, by participating in this Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Prize, entrant grants to Sponsor and Sponsor’s designees the right to use and/or publish entrant’s full name, city and state of residence, photographs or other likenesses, pictures, portraits, video, voice, testimonials, biographical information (in whole or in part), and/or statements made by entrant regarding the Sweepstakes and/or Sponsor, worldwide and in perpetuity for any and all purposes, including, but not limited to, advertising, trade and/or promotion on behalf of Sponsor and/or any of Sponsor’s designees, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, print, TV, radio, electronic, cable, or World Wide Web, without further limitation, restriction, compensation, notice, review, or approval.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION AND RELEASE:
A. Transmission of Information. By entering this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and to release, hold harmless, covenant not to sue, and forever discharge the Sponsor, Promotion Partners, and any other party associated with the development, administration or promotion of this Sweepstakes, and each of their respective directors, officers, shareholders, and employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, and agents, including but not limited to their respective advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, agents, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, retailers, printers, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials, and any and all other companies associated with the promotion agents, and all of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, franchisees, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from, against, and as to any and all third-party claims, actions, damages, losses, liabilities, costs, expenses, injuries or causes of action of any kind that in any way now or hereinafter may arise from or relate to the Sweepstakes including without limitation, in connection with (i) the administration of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation typographical, printing, seeding, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the sharing of the Sweepstakes link, the announcement of any prizes or any related materials, inaccurate, fraudulent, incomplete, illegible, late, lost, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, incomplete, damaged or postage due entries or mail, or any delays in delivery or lack of availability of any Prize or Prize materials. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s or any other person's computer system, mobile device or tablet which is occasioned by accessing the Website or otherwise participating in the Sweepstakes, or for any computer system, mobile device, tablet, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted.
B. Reservation of Rights. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers in any way with any part of the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, submitting a fraudulent entry or an entry not otherwise in accordance with these Official Rules and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes or any element thereof. Sponsor also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is found to be (i) acting in violation of these Official Rules, including, without limitation, entering or attempting to enter the Sweepstakes through the use of any robotic or automated devices or (ii) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THE RELEASED PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRIZES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEIR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR FROM THE USE OF ANY PRIZES AWARDED HEREUNDER. SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, IN WHICH CASE THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
C. Release and Indemnity. By participating, Entrant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Promotional Partners and Sponsor Entities for any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Sweepstakes and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; and if prize involves travel or activities, any potential winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases absolving Released Parties from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize.
9. FORCE MAJEURE: Without limiting the foregoing, in the event the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including, without limitation, a force majeure, fire, flood, epidemic or other national health emergency, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared,) or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, public health crisis, or other cause not reasonably within its control, then it shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event that the Sweepstakes is terminated, cancelled or postponed for any reason whatsoever, the ARV of the Prize will be awarded to the extent required by law.
10. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action, and by the United States District Court for the State of California. By participating, Entrant expressly consents to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and waives any right of change of venue or like right. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
11. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNER’S LIST: Official Rules are available at www.luckybrand.com/tfofficialrulesnational. To obtain any legally-required Winners’ list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (unless otherwise prohibited by local law) to: Lucky Brand Dungarees, LLC, Attn: Leslie Cucco – “City Jam” Sweepstakes, 540 S. Santa Fe Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90013. All such requests must be received within six (6) months after the end of the Sweepstakes.
12. ALTERNATE FREE METHOD OF ENTRY: To enter the Sweepstakes without texting to enter or subscribing an email address to Sponsor’s email subscription list, mail a self-addressed envelope (unless otherwise prohibited by local law) to: Lucky Brand Dungarees, LLC, Attn: Leslie Cucco – “City Jam” Sweepstakes, 540 S. Santa Fe Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90013, and include the following information: “City Jam Alternate Registration Sweepstakes,” your full name and email address. The envelope must be postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period and received by Sponsor within five (5) business days of the end of the Sweepstakes Period to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Personal information provided will be used only for the purposes of this Sweepstakes to choose winners and/or send certificates of completion to applicable participants. Limit one (1) entry per person.
13. SPONSOR: Lucky Brand Dungarees, LLC, 540 S. Santa Fe Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90013